Businesses that are powered by Mainframes, demand 24x7x365 data center support, even on weekends and holidays. The challenges in the prevailing business landscape have made it imperative that the need of being up and running is coupled with ability of remaining cost-effective. One of the things that are keeping CIOs and CTOs awake at night is staffing their mainframe data centers with qualified and skilled technology workers. Shortage of talent willing to work night, weekend and holiday shifts, coupled with the fact that it could cost up to three times higher to hire the same resource for these shifts makes this a complex problem with no apparent solution. The two main challenges are:
- Manageability: Staffing the nightshift, holiday and weekend shifts at data centers has been a constant source of concern for CTIs and CIOs. Availability of resources is the primary reason as off-hours job or working on weekend and/or on a holiday is the not always a preferred option.
- Cost: Premium wages attached to off-hour shifts along with costs involved in managing in-house infrastructure is another challenge for businesses in slowly recovering, recession-hit economy.
How about having a partner to manage facility during nights and weekends? Outsourcing Mainframe Graveyard Shift operations is the practical way to handle this challenge. What would a CIO/CTO expect from the technology partner?
- A partner, who will oversee clients’ physical data center as well as the equipment inside.
- partner, who will create a model with a lot of flexibility, where rather than taking over facility management completely, the vendor can work the graveyard shift for an operator that handles its own network management only during business hours or just act as a redundant operations center during emergencies.
- A partner with a contract which could be as basic as a simple network monitoring agreement, or to take over the management of field technicians and staff as well.
Maintec’s Graveyard Shift operations support offers comprehensive solution to meet global organizations’ 24x7x365 resource availability challenges. Maintec offers highly skilled and qualified professionals, responsible of undertaking after-hour Mainframe operations at an optimum cost. At Maintec we have a process driven approach to our clients’ Mainframe support requirements. Our solution is based on the fact that midnight in the US is mid-day in India. It is easier to source a workforce that can consistently work night, weekend and holiday shifts to ensure client’s Mainframes get the constant attention they need. Outsourcing of Mainframe and Midrange Graveyard Shift operations to Maintec can avail the time zone advantage along with significant budgetary benefits.
By undertaking Graveyard Shift services Maintec brings in
- Continual operational support in night, weekend and holiday shifts
- Significant budgetary benefits compared to in-house resources
- Qualified and experienced Mainframe professionals
- Follow the sun Mainframe monitoring, support and maintenance
- On site and Offshore service delivery
- In-house trained resources ensure backup availability
- No overhead tensions of recruitment and training
- Completely secure environment with RACF security administration
The pursuit for skilled and qualified resources that can securely support an organization’s Mainframe operations ends with excellent business solutions like Maintec’s Graveyard Shift Operations Support, a multi-geography solution that is driven by innovation and powered by excellence.
Our staff of systems programmers and operations specialists will step in and manage virtually all the day-to-day tasks involving your mainframe platform, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year (24/7/365), freeing your staff to concentrate on their core business.
Maintec Service Offerings
- The latest IBM mainframe processors
- Dedicated hardware (if requited)
- Various operating systems, including, zOS, OS/390, MVS, zVM, VM, VSE and Linux
- Access to other Subsystems software, including, CICS,DB2, IMS and MQ series
- Enough capacity in MIPS, high-speed connectivity, DASD and tape storage and management to meet all your needs
- DASD and tape storage & management
- Full portfolio of software from IBM and other providers
- Highly skilled IT professionals
- Unmatched customer service and support