Mainframe Security – An Overview
Mainframe aka -The Big Iron is a computer that executes and performs huge amounts of data processing in an independent structure in comparison to other computers that are being placed over a place. The mainframe has a larger capacity memory and processors that can do billions of calculations and transactions in real-time. During this time, lots of users, counting in thousands, are performing a wide array of applications with different performance profiles within the mainframe environment. This creates the requirement for multi-layered security to protect the mainframe. The set of tools that are part of the mainframe security mainly concentrates on easing the risk, which in turn affects the mainframe system. Mainframe security helps businesses and companies with identifying the threats, accede with policy and regulations, and it also helps to lower the expense. Furthermore, it helps the organizations in reducing the risk by implementing security policy, providing close loop, threat remediation, and automated security intelligence. All the data is protected with encryption and access control.
Insights on Mainframe Security
By the period of 2021 to 2028, the market for mainframe security will increase to an estimated value of USD 26,681.23 million and reach an 8.50% growth at CAGR within the timeline. One of the most important factors is the increase in the adoption of the latest and advanced technologies for the growth of the mainframe security market. In all the paramount organizations whether it is healthcare, financial institutes, or government institutes, mainframe security is one of the important parts of the organization’s technology, where the security of all the essential data is one of the topmost priorities. The mainframe system helps in processing a large amount of data securely, efficiently, and quickly. Mainframes are massive computers that can store massive amounts of data, have more processing power, and are more reliable. They’re built to be able to take the place of multiple servers. Multiple operating systems are hosted on mainframes.
Factors Elevated Mainframe Security Market
- Increase in the use of the Internet of Things(IoT)
- Booming High-performance computing system requirements
- The rise in customer data significance and financial security
- Increase in customers globally
- The logistic sector is increasingly reliant on mainframe security.
- Growth in centralized security system requirements
- An increase in the demand on many organizations to manage a larger volume,
- Banking, healthcare, and aerospace industries are increasingly implementing security regulations.
- Security systems are becoming more advanced and modernized.
In the projected time frame, expanding research and innovation in the industry, as well as increased demand from emerging activities, would provide new possibilities for the mainframe security market. Some factors are dragging a bit off the progress of the market growth such as increased cost for the installation of mainframes and also the depleting numbers of quality and skilled professionals that can operate mainframes. The recent reports regarding the developments of trade regulations, import-export analysis, market research, impact of domestic market players, variations in market regulations, strategic growth, market size, category growth, application niches, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market.
Scope and Market Size
The segmentation of the mainframe security depends on the size of the organization, industry, and type. Measuring the growth of the segments one can analyze the niche parts of the growth and strategies to approach the market and also to determine the core application segments and the variations of the suited markets.
- BFSI, manufacturing and production, telecommunication and networking, distribution, food and beverage, Engineering & construction, non-profit organizations (NGO), chemicals & Pharma, retail, make up the mainframe security market.
- Access control solutions, server security solutions, mainframe security assessment services, and others are all segments of the mainframe security market.
Major Players in the Mainframe Security Market
IBM Corporation, McAfee TCS BMC Software, DXC Technology, and Xbridge CA Technologies are among the top providers of mainframe security solutions.
The mainframe security market is examined, and overall market and volume data are supplied by nation, organization size, industry segment, and type.
With the increase in the demand for the high-performance computing system and secured customer data and financial transactions in financial institutes like banking, insurance, and federal agencies, North America dominates the mainframe security market. The other geographical part of the world like Asia-Pacific is also expecting the rise in the growth of the mainframe security market with the increase in the IT advancement among government and financial institutes in the booming economies of China, Japan, India, Singapore, and South Korea.
- Need for Cloud-based Deployment for Cost Savings is emerging in the Global Mainframe Services and Mainframe Security Market.
- Increased use of cloud services is expected to cut hardware and software expenses, potentially lowering market pricing. However, stronger implementation is more likely to attract more customers, which might be a benefit for market revenue growth.
- Specialized Resources and Skill Sets
Security incidents and privacy invasions are getting more common
Security breaches are becoming more common globally. The expense of restoring data to compensate for the loss caused by a data breach is prohibitively expensive. For example, according to a recent study, Many businesses polled acknowledged having had a data breach in a previous couple of years. A higher percentage of individuals who had a data breach were aware that they were susceptible but did nothing about it. The rise in data breaches is propelling the mainframe security business forward.
Inadequate Data Privacy
The following are the primary roadblocks to cloud adoption:
- Transparency is lacking.
- Lack of real-time visibility causes vulnerabilities
- In other parts of the world, countries such as the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific, and South America, a lack of cloud service training is also a hurdle.
COVID-19 & Global Mainframe Security Market
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a limited impact on the worldwide mainframe security market for the foreseeable being. Companies have had to boost their overall fixed expenses as a result of the global financial slump, which has resulted in the reduction of technology investments. Companies are hesitant to invest millions during this period.
Analysis of the Competitive Landscape
BMC Software Inc, Infosys Limited, Wipro Limited, Compuware Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, and NEC Corporation are among the major players in the mainframe security market.
The global security market can be segmented further
- Industry / Service sector
- Size of the Organization
Mainframe Security Market, by Organization Size
- SME (Small and Medium Business)
- a large corporation
- Mainframe Security Market, by Business & Service Sector
One of the most important benefits and factors causing the increased size of the emerging Mainframe Security market in 2022 is that it allows a corporation to develop specialized knowledge in non-core business areas. This allows the organization to specialize and obtain access to more prospects, as well as focus on core objectives and prioritize work more effectively. The cost savings and flexibility of cloud deployment are increasing SMEs’ adoption of the technology, which is driving the mainframe security industry in 2022.
Disclaimer: This is not the official report, the above information is the simple and brief content that relates to the mainframe security market.
Reference link for the above mentioned stats & report: